Help me ladies and gents I need a simple unique egg recipie for a grow buy local potluck

Devilled eggs are always great. Lots of variations.

Quiche is pretty fool-proof. Pretty much any of the breakfast casseroles/strata, etc are good.

How about bread pudding?

Sounds like a fun time to be had by everyone in your neck of the woods *secretly wishes I lived there*!

Well, since it's now into October, and the holidays will be upon us soon, I think it would be a beautiful way to showcase your eggs by making

Eggnog Pie.
smile.png

The recipe IS simple, but it is a two-part recipe that requires the use of 9 eggs! That's a lot of egger sales if people like your pie and want to make it (and trust me, this pie is to die for)...and it is easy to make.

Step 1 - the egg nog

Ingredients

6 farm fresh large eggs - separated
3/4 C granulated sugar
1 pint heavy cream
8 cups (or 4 pints) whole milk
1/2 pint bourbon (Totally Optional) - for an alcohol free pie just leave it out completely and use a touch of Rum Extract instead - I've done it both ways.
1 Tbsp vanilla
1/2 tsp Nutmeg

Directions
Using the separated yolks, beat with 1/2 Cup sugar until thick and creamy. In another bowl, beat the egg whites with the remaining sugar 1/4 C) until it's thick. In the third (and final) bowl, beat the heavy cream by itself until thickened and add it to the yolks. Fold in the egg white mixture with a spoon and add all remaining ingredients, stirring until very well blended. Cover with plastic wrap and set in refrigerator.

Step 2 - The PIE

1 Large farm fresh egg
2 Large farm fresh eggs - separated
1 package (4 serving) vanilla instant pudding mix
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 and 1/2 C EGG NOG from the first recipe
2 Tablespoons Whole Wheat Flour
1 9 -inch prepared pie crust - I use the common graham cracker crust (easy peasy) with butter and sugar, etc....just mash it in there lol

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix one full egg (minus the shell of course), and 2 egg yolks in a mixture until very light and fluffy! Add the egg nog, baking powder, flour, nutmeg, and pudding mix...mixing well. At this point the mixture will be quite runny...that's okay! Bake in the oven for 1 full hour. Take out of the oven and place on countertop, table or other level surface at room temperature - and leave it there for an hour. This will allow continued baking as well as flavor mingling. Place covered in refrigerator for safekeeping until it's time to let people go wild!

This recipe looks long and complicated but I assure you it's so fast and easy you would be done before you knew it. I've also made this with a meringue topping and it was YUM! ...plus that would sell even more eggs! :D But...meringue is somewhat of a pain to make so I didn't include that part...you don't "have to have" it. Either way, folks will need 9-12 eggs to make this pie.
I'm definitely making it at least once this season. It's also fun to make it into small little crust-lined tins and make "egg nog tarts" that are individual servings. Same recipe.

I always add nutmeg to the pie recipe too....even though it doesn't call for it. It makes the pie more "noggy"...bout a 1/2 teaspoon.

[EDIT] If you're NOT trying to showcase your eggs for the purpose of selling them --- you can make this even easier by just using egg nog from the store if you can find some. :)

Last edited:
I want eggnog now... I've never made it before. Yours seems to have less alcohol than the other recipe I was looking at.
ep.gif
I want it to have a nice alcoholic flavor but not something that you have to be really careful drinking. :D

You're welcome...it really is an easy recipe it just looks long and drawn out. lol I *do* remember when we lived in Arizona I only had to use 1 to 1.5 Tbsp. of whole wheat flour, but since we moved to the kcMo area...I had to up it to 2 Tablespoons. I'm not sure if the humidity made it damper or if it was the elevation or what...but keep that in mind, too (depending on where you live) =)

It's great with cool whip and even better if you whip in some nutmeg in the coolwhip. =)

Back
Top Bottom