Help me legalize chickens in West Chicago, IL!

Correction on the next meeting..... It is Monday October 27th at 6:30 pm....I'm not sure what I was thinking when I thought it was on a Friday the 24th

Sorry about that.
Pat

Sorry people, the city of West Chicago unanimously turned down our request for a change to the ordinance. Hopefully there will be a change in council members next year because quite a few were against us from the start. One even stated you shouldn't rototil your chicken poop into the ground ***???? Anyway, we didn't have as good of turn out as we would have liked so if we want to change the law we need more people to try again in the future. Also, if they ever do make changes, they will most likely make it so most people couldn't get a permit because of lot sizes and set backs...something to think about if we try again

Thank you for the update. How upsetting...I wish I could have attended! Do you know or have any idea as to when the issue can be brought up again?

I was recently told that it was legal to have one hen in unincorporated Winfield Township. I am in West Chicago. I have two hens right now and they are perfectly happy and the neighbors love them. But I always worry that they will be found and I will have to let them go. I would love to overturn this law. Its silly that private land owners can have a horse, in my case, but not chickens. The Chicago suburbs are way behind the times of other major cities.

Back
Top Bottom