Help Me LEGALLY Import Call Duck Eggs To New Zealand

strawberricatt

Crowing
5 Years
Oct 4, 2016
Okay, I know what I have to do, if you want to help, read this: https://www.mpi.govt.nz/importing/l...-eggs/steps-to-importing-avian-hatching-eggs/
Do I have to need the eggs for commercial purposes? In NZ I believe you can only import duck eggs from Australia, which is annoying. Is that true? Did I miss something? So if I can import call eggs from the USA, that'll make my first step, finding a breeder way easier.
So step one Find a breeder of call ducks in Australia
Step Two Find a good Australian vet

Hey Feather did you ever get the call ducks into NZ? I really want to find a breeder or get some hatching eggs (even though I hear they are a nightmare to hatch.) I havnt had any luck finding anyone here who has them :( .

Hi just wondering what the reason was you wanted to import call ducks into nz?

I have an increasing number of white and pale (not hybird or copper coloured) mallards which I believe may result from a similar mutation as the Australian Call duck (see https://www.breedslist.com/australian-call-duck.htm)

I had one female and one male hatch initially from wild mallard parents in 2018 or 19 (cant remember which), all siblings were pure mallard. And there were no more till last spring when I ended up with a lot. They are NOT imo hybrids, which i also have plenty of. They are the same small size, body stance, higher pitched female call like mallards, can fly straight up at almost 90deg from the ground like wild mallards, have all hatched from two wild parents, and unlike my hybrids exclusively mate with other wild mallards only.

If you or anyone else in NZ would like some more info, photos, video, etc about these unique ducks I have, or if in Nth Canty, welcome to visit and see them for yourself, with a view to taking some as pets only, you can contact me via email [email protected] or by whatsapp 02040641485

To approved homes only.

Back
Top Bottom