Help me make this great

misfitstoys

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2020
So I have a used rabbit hutch I need help on what I need to do to make it great keep in mind I only have maybe 5 day old chicks so I have time to make it better . We are planning on adding a roof and adding chicken wire to the sides. We also have a bigger fenced in yard for them to be in. This one is to lock them up at night and for them to roam in while no one is around.
P_20200405_141051.jpg

P_20200405_141100.jpg

When you mentioned roof, do you mean over entire run area here? That is one that I was going to suggest, but can also be just netting. That would secure from flying raptors, as well as keep your chickens in, if they decided to be flighty. There are ways to do this. Made from cattle panels, and chicken wire. I think you should have more than 2 hens. There are multiple reasons for that.
WISSHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

When you mentioned roof, do you mean over entire run area here? That is one that I was going to suggest, but can also be just netting. That would secure from flying raptors, as well as keep your chickens in, if they decided to be flighty. There are ways to do this. Made from cattle panels, and chicken wire. I think you should have more than 2 hens. There are multiple reasons for that.
WISSHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome
yeah a pitched roof of chicken wire. What is the reason for more hens?

Hens don't come with life guarantees. If you loose one, then the other would be unhappy. Chickens are gregarious. If for instance you do loose one, and get a replacement, the integration can sometimes get fussy. BTW, I always integrate new chickens in pairs if possible. Single chicken additions are more difficult.
Final decision is of course yours. I only offer suggestions, and I would go with 4 .

Back
Top Bottom