Help me name my coop!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Must Be Losing It, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    So I found this wonderful thread on this forum by a woman who makes fantastic signs on barnboard. I really, really, really need one but it forces me to name my coop. Can anyone help?!

I have two coops right now. One with my turkey and guineas and one large one with 18 different sized bantams and one BO. I will be adding some Light Brahmas and Araucanas soon to the coop when they become fully feathered.

Any suggestions?

2. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Uxbridge so Uxcoop [​IMG]

3. Mom2Cool

Mom2Cool Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Quote:Oh I'd just been talking about coming up with a name for my coop here so I could go looking for a sign. You couldn't give a link to this woman who makes the signs could you? Thanks And now for your coop what is your yard and your house like? Is it rural, suburban or urban? Have you started naming your chickens & if so what are their names & have you started to follow a theme or do you just go stricly by personality? I would relate the coops to the chickens & the setting around it. And so if the turkey & the guineas are being named after say Snow White & the Seven dwarf's you could name the coops from something in the Grimm Brother's fairytails as well etc.

4. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    Thanks for the suggestions! The thread for the signs can be found under the Everything Else - BST - under buy, sell, trade. The picks of what this woman does are unbelievable.

5. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    I tend to name mine for what type of bird lives in it.. I have had the Cochin Crib, Turkey Tank, Silkie Shack etc.
    Kind of fun to come up with silly names that go together..

I have old pieces of wood from when our trees were logged out. I am getting a wood burning kit and making my own signs.. meanwhile I just paint their name above the doorway.

6. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    How about
    "Foul Baugh Field"
    "Yurkey Lurkin Ranch"
    "Kickin' Chicken Place"

I Call mine "The Scratch Werks"

7. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Lets see, one is named the "Cackle Shack" and then the hutch is "The clutch hutch" (Bantams)

I just thought of this one...Bwock Bwock Bording house!
    So many thoughts. Its hard to believe that not many of us have the same names. I don't know of many anyways.

Good luck and if all else, name it after one of your birds. Then when she passes, its in memorium or you can have the lady make you a new sign! Hee Hee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by