Help me name my coop!

Wise Woman

Crowing
12 Years
Apr 12, 2011
My Cottage
Our new coop is set to start getting built within the next few weeks. My daughter and I want to have a name for it that goes with our house and garden. We live in a small cottage in the forest in the mountains called Cobblestone Cottage. My soap workshop is called Ivywood Cottage. We love English cottage gardens, all things medieval, Victorian and renaissance. My daughter's favorite show is Robin Hood on BBC America. Watching the royal wedding on Friday gave me lots of ideas. Our garden is an English cottage garden, or at least it will be when I am done. We also mix veggies and fruit trees in with the flowers and the pine, cedar and oak trees. Our home is currently wood siding that is painted in shades of creams and browns, but eventually it will be re-done in river rock and cedar shingles. There are cobblestone paths and small patios throughout the yard, hence the name Cobblestone Cottage.

I am not sure how I will do the outside of the coop yet. Could be in the cedar shingles or could be in the siding to match our house and painted. I have vintage windows from an old 1930's cabin to use as doors and I will be doing a chicken design on them with gallery glass to make it look like stained glass We have lattice arbors with roses growing over them in our front yard, so there will probably be lattice over the hardwire cloth on the covered run. We also have a picket fence gate under one of the arbors and split rail fencing on the rest of the yard and around our animal pen.

So I have come up with a bunch of names and need to narrow it down. Perhaps you all can help me do that! Forgive me if I have come up with something that someone else is using. I had not intention of copying or stealing names.

Here goes:

The Cottage Coop
Cobblestone Cottage Coop
The Royal Roost
The Hen Hutch (cause it will be a raised coop)
Egg Avalon
Cluckingham Cottage (instead of Nottingham)
Wingsor Castle (instead of Windsor)
Chicken Camelot (cause it will be)
The Poultry Pub (this might be better if I was raising chickens to eat)
The Chicken Cozy (cause I love tea, tea cozy, get it?)
Flock in the Forest (cause they are a flock of chickens in the forest)
Laysalot Inn (instead of Sir Lancelot)
Cluckslaot Cottage
The Nestbox B&B
Peeps & Cheeps (take from fish and chips, well sort of)
Woodhaven Hen House (cause we live in the woods and it will be a haven for the hens)
The Renaissance Rooster (sounds like a ren fair restaurant LOL)
Cluckingshire Castle (suggested by Minniechickmama)

This is all I have come up with so far. I hope to be on the garden tour in my area next year as the only garden that includes chickens and goats, as well as possibly start a chicken coop tour, so the animal houses will be a little over the top cuteness wise and will both have to have names. They will also have hanging baskets of flowers and other adornments such as window boxes and shutters. It has to be adorable and cute as well as functional and comfortable for the chickens. Let me know what you think. I will be making a sign to hang from the coop on wood or metal bracket with the coop name on it. Thanks.

Last edited:
The name that stuck out for me on your list was Cluckingham Cottage.

I love the description of your place. I hope you will post picture and share with us.
smile.png

I will post pics when it is done. I really like Cluckingham Cottage because when we first got chickens, my youngest daughter was 6 and she named our very first coop, Cluck Cluck Cottage. So Cluckingham Cottage is kind of a grown up version of that. We will be hanging the original Cluck Cluck Cottage sign inside the coop for a memory. Thanks for the vote. That is 1 for Cluckingham Cottage.

Back
Top Bottom