Help me name my geese.

r4eboxer

Crooked Creek Poultry
8 Years
Sep 20, 2011
Fairmont
I got 2 pair of Pilgrim Geese over the weekend.

My son wants to name one pair Fork and Spoon. Though I am not crazy about the name I will call them fork and spoon while he is around.

I wanted to pick couple names and I think I may want William and Kate for the other pair but I want some input from all of you. I thought about Fred and Wilma and other cartoon names but I want something with more nobility (for lack of a better word)

Thanks in Advance

Isn't there a nursery rhyme where the "Dish ran away with the spoon?" Something about the man in the moon.......

So maybe it should be Dish and Spoon!
roll.png

Or how about your classic Disney names "Donald and Daisy"

Pilgrim names.......Are there any Pilgrims you can name them after? I can't think of any....

Quote:
Oh I forgot about that rhyme. I will ask my son about it and see if he wants to use dish and spoon instead. It's catchy. He named the male spoon first and I said well what will you name his mate. He said fork. I think the male reminded him of a spoon when he dipped his head in the water.
lol.png

I have thought of some other names. I like Elvis and Priscilla, John and Jacquelin and John and Yoko. I am getting ducks this week to so when they pair up I am going to use the couple names left over for the ducks.
wee.gif

I am going to name my new Rooster Tyson.
lol.png
D loves Mike Tyson, not for Tyson Chicken

Pilgrim names?

Aldin
Mayflower
Pocahontas
Oceanas
Contana
Chasitity
Hope
Faith
Prudence
Patience
Wrestling
Humility
Fletcher
Hopkins
Damaris
Priscilla
Solomon
Rose
Tinker

I wait to see what the personalities are. I finally named my goose Daffy. It came when I realized she was perfecting her quack. As far as I know geese don't normally quack but this one does so I called her Daffy. I have 2 Sebastapol geese and I call them Fred and Ginger since they look so graceful. They aren't but they look the part standing still. Then there is Buffy who is an Amercian Buff goose.

More names? I have a pair of Pekins named Weebles and the female is named Waddles. It's all in the way they walk..... lol. Then I have a chicken named Sally because she is so dainty and her mate is Sparky since he would take on any rooster. This pair are English bantams and they are tiny.

So, watch your geese and see what comes to you. They may do something that reminds you of someone or a name will just pop into your head. It may take a while but that's ok. You will find the right one.

Oh, the rhyme?

Hey diddle, diddle, the cat in the middle. The cow jumped over the moon. The little dog laughed to see such a site and the dish ran away with the spoon.

Oh my goodness, it's only been a hundred years since I've actually said that rhyme!

Quote:
Good Point, I do that with my chickens I still have 2 to name from the hatch in August and I've got 16 more coming this week. So I will be visiting this thread quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom