Help me please

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by zoran_12, Nov 22, 2009.

1. zoran_12

zoran_12 New Egg

Nov 22, 2009
    1. I am realy sorry because my english is verry bad
    2. Did anyone know which bread of chickens have hardest egg shell

2. twister

twister Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Mississippi
    i venture to guess that all shells will be hard if the feed is fortified with correct nutrients and calcium supplements like oyster shell

3. If you want a hard shell, get some Guinea fowl. Their shell is always harder than a chickens shell and they are still very good and healthy to eat. They DO NOT lay year round and they tend to lay in odd places unless you have them coop/barn trained to come into roost every night.

4. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    Guineas do have extremely hard shells. I am not sure if there is all that much difference in shell between breeds of chickens. I think that sexlinks seem to have very soft shells. Older birds also have softer shells. Calcium helps harden them. Nutrition probably has a lot to do with it as well. [​IMG]
    Glad to see you here! We can always use more members. Where are you from? I hope you find chickens with very hard egg shells. Do you mind telling us why you want chickens with hard shells?

**one welcome is sufficient [​IMG] **

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2009
  5. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    My bantams eggs have harder shells than my large fowl do. I think it just the size & shape (more round) allows for more structural integrity. I've also had better luck shipping & receiving bantam eggs.

6. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Goose eggs have really hard shells. You need a hammer to break them open. [​IMG]

7. alicefelldown

alicefelldown Looking for a broody

Aug 18, 2008
    Can I ask why you are looking for hard egg shells?

8. zoran_12

zoran_12 New Egg

Nov 22, 2009
    thank you all. I am already try whit food whit lot of calcium but some chicken have harder eggs than other without calcium. I know for guinea and goese eggs (guinea have harder [​IMG] ) but i neead only hens egg..
    Yes you are right i neead hard egg for Easter [​IMG] . I am from Bosnia and Hercegovina. now living in Croatia.

thank you all

hard shelled eggs are my drugs [​IMG]

9. farrier!

farrier! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    sorry! wrong message thread!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  10. tadkerson

tadkerson Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:Research has shown that the shell of a blue or green egg is harder than other kinds of shells.

You did a great job with your English. I can not speak or write a single word in a Slovic language.

Tim

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by