Help me please

Berley

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 18, 2013
I'm so worried about my broody chicken she is all off balance and hand going to one side that was yesterday she is still alive today but not moving. Help what can I give her or do for her

welcome-byc.gif
Please post at once, on the "Emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures, " thread.

While waiting for a reply, How long has she been broody? Are you making her leave the nest at least once a day to eat, drink and potty? If she isn't eating or drinking that may be the problem, some broodies do starve themselves to death - if you don't intervene.

If her head is to one side, she may have wry neck, or have had a stroke . Is it very hot where you are?

This might be the beginning of wry neck. I've had two cases this last month. First case head was between her legs. Second case it was slightly bent and at times off to the side. Both birds couldn't walk . first case is healed 100% thank God. My second case is almost 100% still treating her. I've found it takes around three weeks to heal completely. In my cases. That's on the quick end. I used Alan Stanfords treatment for wry neck. Basically it included vitamin E capsules small amount of selenium to absorb the E. Polyvisol liquid children's vitamins without iron and because my cases were severe I used predinsone. If you think it might be wry neck start her on the vitamins asap.I had to help my first case eat and drink. My second case once she started walking again she would eat and drink herself. Can you post a picture of your bird so we can see if its wry neck your dealing with?? I hope this is helpful and wish you the best!

I'm so worried about my broody chicken she is all off balance and hand going to one side that was yesterday she is still alive today but not moving. Help what can I give her or do for her
If it has been hot,cool her down. Sounds like she has heat stroke/stress,should never be left,damage to organs and death can result.

Hi Sorry for the delay, i have been working so hard with her with critical care formula and kept her in the kitchen with a fan on her, but today she died in her sleep
sad.png
im so sad. Now im losing one of my others. But i have just found red mite on this one, we have been so careful making sure we clean the coop out but somehow they still got in.

Back
Top Bottom