Help me please

seramachick22

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 10, 2014
~~I have 4 Serama eggs in an incubator. We are going on day 22 of hatching. They are not moving or pipping but the eggs seem to be getting grey in places. I have never hatched eggs before of any kind and I thought eggs hatched between days 18-21. There is no smell coming from the eggs. Are they still viable?

Depending on the temp you've ran your incubator and type of incubator I recently had chicks hatch day 25 its not normal turned out I had my temps a little low

I have a forced air incubator a brinea mini and it was on 99.6 f but everything I read said to drop the temp to 98.6 f after day 18. My sister and I are praying they hatch. our last round didn't develop fully with the mother so we decided to incubate. humidity is at 65%

There's not much you can do now except wait. I've also read to turn down the temp to about that range after lockdown (and had 87% hatch rate like that). It sounds like you did everythihg right...just give it another couple days (or at least until tomorrow), and then candle to see if you detect any movement.

ETA: Did your air cells look well-developed at Day 15? Did you perhaps mark the eggs to show where the air cell was? And do you know what the humidity was during normal incubation (prior to lockdown)?

Last edited:
yeah everything looked great. and still looks great it is just nerve wracking. I am like an expectant mother. I will give it a couple more days. my humidity was in between 45-50 like I had read and the temp never changed. I have a digital hygrometer. I think it is just a matter of waiting which is not my best virtue considering it is my first round.

Lol sounds like its just impatients set on you hands and let it go its nature if they were meant to hatch they will :) good luck and let us know how it turns out

Back
Top Bottom