Help me sex 2 different Gold Laced Wyandottes (and 4 others?!)

Kristen616

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 26, 2013
Ok so I got 6 "pullets" from my local farm store. I never thought they'd be anything but this, they said they had a 95% guarantee. Anyways I'm sort of concerned I might have a cockarel in my gold laced wyandottes. Their coloring is just SO different, but neither of them really have any comb at all. Anyways, pictures are worth a thousand words so here you go (the gold laced wyandottes are 4.5 weeks old):

Here's a good comparison picture of them both together. See how different they look?!

And just for the heck of it, mind checking out my other 4 (2 RIR and 2 BR) and giving your opinion on pullet vs cockarel? They are 5.5 weeks old:

So far neither of the Wyandottes look like cockerels, they just have very different coloration as you've noted. The top girl is a keeper for sure, the bottom girl, well, we'll see how her lacing develops, I'm interested to see how it changes as she gets older! Their combs and wattles are so small that I wouldn't worry about them being roosters as of now.

The RIR and rocks also look like pullets
smile.png
So no worries there either.

So far neither of the Wyandottes look like cockerels, they just have very different coloration as you've noted. The top girl is a keeper for sure, the bottom girl, well, we'll see how her lacing develops, I'm interested to see how it changes as she gets older! Their combs and wattles are so small that I wouldn't worry about them being roosters as of now.

The RIR and rocks also look like pullets
smile.png
So no worries there either.

phew. Thank you. First time chicken mom here, so I have no idea what I'm comparing them to! As long as the majority are pullets I'm happy. :)

Back
Top Bottom