1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help me spot my roosters!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lesmullet, Mar 18, 2015.

1. lesmullet

lesmullet New Egg

Jan 11, 2015
    Getting pics are hard so I took this video. Let me know what you guys think? I've got 4 Buff Orpingtons and 2 Easter Eggers, all about 8 weeks old. 3 of which I suspect are roosters.

The easter egger that I think is a roo and the Buff that is obviously a roo (her/his name is Dorothy) kind of quarrel sometimes, nothing crazy but the Buff roo seems to be the boss of the chickens and sometimes the EE tries to step to him and Dorothys like, no way bro

Anyway here's the video:

[​IMG]

Any input is appreciated!! Also, sorry I couldn't really see with sun glaring on my screen so I wasn't getting as great of shots as I thought. :(

2. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    Could you try to get photo's? It would be much easier to determine the tail and neck feathers as well as the comb size if they were in photos.

3. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    x2

4. HopieGirl4Ever

HopieGirl4Ever The Chook Artist

Oct 23, 2014
    At my Desk
    I took some screen shots from your video and this is what I think (I may not be correct, this is just my opinion):

[​IMG]

And this one looks a bit like a rooster as well:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope it helps!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by