Help Me..

mObi48

In the Brooder
Dec 22, 2016
Pakistan
Hi there..
I am new with quails last sunday I bought 5 quails 4 females and 1 male. The day I bougt them they seem to be little puffy and lethargic. Monday morning I found that one of them was dead. After that another got sick So I immediately took them to vet. He gave me medicines (Streptomycin and Terramycin) I gave them Vinegar in water. Hard boild eggs. Raw eggs. Yoghurt. Amoxicillin. VibraMycin. Unfortunately Duramycin isn't available here. Temperature is 7 degree here so I've installed a heat lamp in their cage. Cage is pretty big for 3 quails to live. Today I found another one is sick. Their necks are like strangely stuck, Their wings are loosely held They don't seem to be eating just drinking. What should I do ?

:( I'm really sorry, was the coop used for any other animal before? How do their poops look?

A sick animal would really benefit from heat, is it possible to bring them inside?

To possibly help them bounce back you could try syringe feeding them watered down baby bird powder (I use Tropican from petsmart in Canada), that has worked with wild baby birds and a few quail chicks that were listless and about to die but they weren't sick - I have no experience with actual bird illness just injuries and failure to thrive :/

I gave a high dose of Terramycin Streptomycin to them and I think they are getting better. But you never know what happens next. Fingers are crossed.

Back
Top Bottom