help meat birds growing fast & 3 growing slow

bethsplace

Songster
10 Years
Aug 1, 2009
I bought my cornish form TSC I bought 6, three eat like machines and are ready to butcher at 7 weeks but the other 3 are not, they are a typical size for their age, whats going on they dont eat like the others they just eat normal they look like identical birds except for size. should I just have the ones that are ready to be butchered done and wait on the other if so how much longer will it take for the others?

Quote:
Well, when they're ready, they're ready, so I'd have the 3 larger ones done when it's time. If you wait too long, they may develop CHF or other issues.

Its possible that the other 3 are some other breed -- perhaps white leghorns? Or they weren't carefully bred and aren't pure. Cornish x.

I agree butcher whats ready when they are ready otherwise you stand a chance of loosing them.
the three others could have a couple of answers
1. Like someone said "not CX" you can tell by looking at them
2. they were runts and pushed away from the feed - not much you can do they seem to have more injuries and problems than the hardier ones, I advise an extra week of feed and then re evaluating the situation.
3. You have three big males and three smaller females - butcher three now and three in 2-3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom