Help!! Mosquitoes in Coop (Texas)

Sorry about your hen.
I have a lot of mosquitoes here too and they actually gave my ducks west nile, which was a huge issue.
A friend of mine gave me two of these though and I was skeptical but they actually do really work. I've been extremely impressed. The light is really bright and I have a mosquito attractant pack in each one, I got them a month ago and they already both had to be dumped once. They catch some moths and stuff too but it's mostly mosquitoes.
Might be worth a try?
20230908_130701.jpg
20230908_114917.jpg

Make sure you're also keeping water dumped after rain and such to eliminate breeding areas.

If you want to try a more natural way, planting Salvia and Rosemary can help deter them. They have a strong scent, and helped my front yard the previous home I owned. They're great plants for texas, and Salvia is a perinneal so when you cut it back in the late fall it comes back in spring time. :) and Rosemary... well mine lasted through the big texas freeze a few years ago.

Concentrated garlic juice is safe around animals and keeps skeeters at bay. I use it all over my yard, no harm done o the chickens or dogs or humans. You do have to reapply monthly, possibly more often if it rains a lot.

Back
Top Bottom