Help! Mother and ducklings in garden pool

Pics
Aww, I love the babies! I wish I could have raised my babies in an open space. We have an awful situation with hawks. They killed 2 of my chickens and regularly attack the birds at my feeders. The chickens no longer free range in the yard. I think that may be a major reason why 4 of my Wood Ducks returned. One didn't, and I'm sure we lost her to a hawk. I tried to release them a number of times, but they weren't interested. I gave up when one came racing back into the yard with a Red Tail Hawk only inches away and ready to strike. Here are my 4 with their new pool. They're quite content with their home and routine.
20200514_181023.jpg

Aww they are lovely!! They obviously love it there!

I honestly wouldn’t mind mine staying If they stayed at the pond but they always go back to the family pool, which is understandable.

I can’t even move them to a separate area with a paddling pool because I want the option for them to leave if they wish, but they’d just fly back to the main pool.

Luckily here the wild ducks are in abundance and there are plenty of duck ponds nearby they can fly to!

Aww, I love the babies! I wish I could have raised my babies in an open space. We have an awful situation with hawks. They killed 2 of my chickens and regularly attack the birds at my feeders. The chickens no longer free range in the yard. I think that may be a major reason why 4 of my Wood Ducks returned. One didn't, and I'm sure we lost her to a hawk. I tried to release them a number of times, but they weren't interested. I gave up when one came racing back into the yard with a Red Tail Hawk only inches away and ready to strike. Here are my 4 with their new pool. They're quite content with their home and routine.View attachment 2172510
Did you order your pool from Amazon? I love it.

Did you order your pool from Amazon? I love it.
Yes, and I broke it tonight!!! The plug is in the corner and kind of hard to grab the little tab to pull out and drain, so use a pair of pliers. I pulled too hard and ripped the darn thing! Grrrr! Not sure what to do ... buy a new one but use something else if I want to drain it? I could maybe try to repair, but then the plug will be a weak area, and I would have to drain some other way. <sigh> Tomorrow the kids will go back to the plastic pool. Poor babies.

1 duck left yesterday evening and another 2 had gone this morning! I’d have thought that they’d all go together 😂

Isn’t it funny how they follow each other around for so long then one day decide to go it alone & just leave?

Back
Top Bottom