Help My Babys Are Dieing

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by millersdawn616, Apr 1, 2011.

1. millersdawn616

millersdawn616 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2011
    I REALLY NEED HELP i have a broody turkey on chicken eggs and one of them was crushed 2 days befor it was sopoz to hatch and a couple days later one of the babys cracked the shell and stuck its beak out aproximitly 4 days before it was sopoz to hatch. the yoke hadnt event been absorbed into its body yet. WHATS GOING ON HELP!!!!!!!! NOBODY PECKED THE EGG AND CRACKED IT. IT WAS ALL THE BABYS DOING BUT WHY???? i need help on this i still got 5 more eggs and i reeeeeaaalllllyyy want them to hatch

2. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    I don't know what is happening, but why don't you post this in the incubating and hatching eggs section? Someone there is sure to be able to help you.

3. theFox

theFox Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2009
    Standish, Maine
    Is the turkey a bit too heavy for the eggs close to hatch time?

4. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Turkeys hatching chicken eggs? That's your fault for experimenting. There is nothig we can do to help. Take away the eggs and put them in a bator.

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    There is a strong possibility that the turkey is too heavy for the chicken eggs. Once the chicks start weakening the shells, the turkey's weight may crush the shells prematurely.

6. lady feathers

lady feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2010
    Is it possible that a turkeys core temp is higher than a chickens causing them to hatch early???? Just a guess.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by