HELP! My bew born chick isn't eating.

It is the only one that hatched and is alone in the brooder. it is pooping but now is weak I think.. Is there anything I can do to force feed it? I tried putting scratch in my hand but it won't eat.

boil up an egg or 2 and crumble up some yolk for it. I had a SS that didn't eat starter for the first 5 days I had her. I had to feed her egg yolk every day until she finally figured out what the starter was for. Also, tap the food with your finger, if you haven't, to show it what it's supposed to do.

It may be, but try it anyways - I guess it isn't to late until they stop breathing. If you have any sav-a-chick or electrolytes w/ vitamins, try to get some of that in it via eye dropper. I eventually mixed the egg yolk w/ starter and she was okay. Mine went 2 days without food before I realized why she was chirping that shrill distressed chirp.

I went on vacation after it was born and got back yesterday but didn't notice it til this morning. I boiled some egg and put the yolk in some water and touched it to the chicks beak and it moved its mouth like it was eating it. So I will continue and see how it does. Thanks for the advise.

It died.
hit.gif
Thanks for all the advise.

Back
Top Bottom