1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help my chick ate nail polish

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lalalovinlil, May 12, 2013.

1. lalalovinlil

lalalovinlil Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2012
    So I was painting his nails because I could not help it and he packed at the brush and got some in his beak will he be ok what should I do

2. SobbaChickens

SobbaChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2013
    Kansas
    I'm not sure how to reply without sounding rude because polish on animals really bugs me but I'd just keep an eye on it. It probably didn't get enough to do any harm. [​IMG] If you feel that your chick must have polish there is a polish made for dogs.

I'm sure you're little chick will be alright though.

3. lalalovinlil

Sep 22, 2012
    Yay thank you

4. Mrwinchester

Mrwinchester Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2013
    Ottawa Ontario
    We had a neighbor years ago and they had a chicken that had a liking for chain saw bar oil. He had a beautiful shinny coat lol. check this link out you decide

http://www.webmd.com/beauty/nails/20120411/is-your-nail-polish-toxic

P.s. I always grumble at my wife when she puts it on near me. Finally i have the proof i've been looking for lol

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  5. SqueakChicken

SqueakChicken Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2014
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Was your chick okay? We read that nail polish was a good way to tag cockrells from pullets. When we went to paint ones nails today, he got a big mouth full of it by accident. Would love to know if yours is okay!

6. lalalovinlil

Sep 22, 2012
    Yep he was fine, i washed out his mouth with an eye dropper and he had a blue beak for a while but aside from that, it didnt harm him at all

7. AxolotlLove

AxolotlLove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2016
    I would paint their nails with dog safe polish.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by