Help my Chick Hatch!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MaranDude, Apr 7, 2009.

1. MaranDude

MaranDude Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    On my Computer
    I'm being completely ridiculous and immature to try and help this chick out even though there is no pipping. But can anyone help me? I realle want to try it's day 25 and I see it's heart beating. I need to do something. I'm so torn apart![​IMG]

2. gervais22

gervais22 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Ontario
    well if it's day 25 it's really up to you. If i was on day 25 I might make a small hole and just see if there's any blood. if there was i would cover it over. If there wasn't maybe I would help it out. It's all in your judgement.

Good luck anyway

3. Chickenfortress

Chickenfortress Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    I'd make a hole in the airsac end at day 25. Not that I have that much experience. I had to do that for 3 that my broody abandoned. They are all still alive, though one of the bantams (our only frizzle out of the lot) is still the same size as the chicks that hatched 8 days later.

4. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    If you feel you need to help it this should help.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9316

I have helped a few that were really late and they were stuck in the membrane and I did save them. So it is your call, but I feel it is ok sometimes to help them. Because nature didn't intend for us humans to have humidity problems and sometimes the chicks get stuck.

5. tellynpeep

tellynpeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2008
    SW New Hampshire
    Are you sure it's day 25? Because I can never see heartbeats that late. By day 20 the whole egg is dark. Good luck. I'd make sure it is really humid in there, maybe put a damp paper towel over the egg.

6. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    UPDATE:/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by