Help! My chicken ate some caulk!

sbrown1414

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 5, 2010
I just saw my chicken at a string of used silicone caulk about 12 inches long! I tried to catch her but she was running from me and she swallowed the whole thing before I could catch her. Will she be okay? Is there anything I can do. She is about 9 or 10 weeks old. I have six black australorps and there is no way that I can tell which one ate it. I sure do hope she'll be okayl:fl

Just guessing here as my chickens have not eaten anything like that (that I know of....) I would make sure they have access to grit, check to see if everyone is acting OK. Make sure crops are getting 'smaller' overnight - check the birds at bedtime and then again in the morning before they start to feed. You could give some bread pieces soaked in olive oil tohelp the caulk pass. I don't think the caulk, even if it not silicone caulk would be poisonous. Just check that the crop does not get impacted. Chickens eat all kinds of 'inappropriate' things like insulation/styrofoam, caulk etc from what I have read here. Hope you get some input from someone that has experience with it, this is just what I would start with......Good luck
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom