Help!!!! My chicken keeps leaving at night

amidonal90

In the Brooder
Aug 17, 2016
So last tuesday i noticed my sons chicken brownie wasnt in the coop and i thought great something grabbed her so for about a week i looked and kept hoping she came back. But yesterday my son comes running in the house with her saying shes back. Then later that night i went to close up and she was the onlu one not in there. Then today she was here again, so again tonigt i went to close up and she was gone. I have no idea where she is going, or why. Has this happened to someone else

She's probably sitting on a hidden nest full of eggs somewhere. Do you have a rooster? Next time you see her you might want to quietly watch where she goes.

Best thing to do is lock her in for a week or so? She has developed a bad habit of roosting and foraging away from the coop.
If she is young its a habit. Depending on her breed and age, she might be broody? If she is being bullied that could be her reason for staying away?
Lots of factors as to why the behaviour started.

She is a isa brown. She is my broody hen. My other hens are alot smaller than her. She alway stuck around til about a week ago. Ill get her and put her away for a while. Thank u. I tried to look for where she was going but i cant find any good trail to find her nest. Ill be fencing them in instead of free ranging mt other chickens stay close to home and never wonder off

She is a isa brown. She is my broody hen. My other hens are alot smaller than her. She alway stuck around til about a week ago. Ill get her and put her away for a while. Thank u. I tried to look for where she was going but i cant find any good trail to find her nest. Ill be fencing them in instead of free ranging mt other chickens stay close to home and never wonder off
In general ISA Browns are not broody.....? Great egg layers..Production Hens. EGGS.
Yes lock her in till she recognises home.
Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom