Help - My Chickens can't read!

My babies love it when I turn on the sprinkler. They run around and around jumping at the water drops. As soon as the sprinkler stop they start digging for bugs and worms. They refuse to integrate into one flock...instead they stay in the groups they were hatched from. No book covers all of their weird quirks...thats why I love um so!!!

Don't worry about them getting wet. They won't stay out in the rain unless they want to, as long as shelter is available. About the BOs, confine them to the coop for at least a week and they should start thinking of it as "home." As for roosting, start with a 2x4 on the floor, turned on the side. You never said how old these buffs were either. All chicks will pile together for warmth and don't usually start roosting until they get most of their real feathers and start feeling a bit more independant.

Quote:
Great advice-and I have to say that even though mine are 6-7 mos. old and fully feathered, I'll still find them crammed on the roosts all huddled together. They have more than enough room to roost separately but, they prefer the football huddle. I say if they're happy, leave 'em be! Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom