Help!!!!! My chickens have stopped laying

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by h_palmer, Nov 4, 2011.

1. h_palmer

h_palmer Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2011
    Queensland, Australia
    Hi all

Havent been on here in a little while, last post was when my chickens were sick, coughing and sneezing, with watery eyes, they are all now recovered. The younger two have started laying for the first time about a month ago but my two original chickens havent laid since they got sick which is nearly two months ago...

Will them ever lay again, does anyone know if this is normal and what can tempt them to start laying again - they are only 7months old so long old hens, one of them her comb has flopped over happened when she was sick and it is still like that.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Heather

2. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    They can just stop laying for no apparent reason. Your birds who aren't laying will probably start up again, it could be that they were sick, or that it's starting to get cooler outside. There's also the possibility that they're molting, some of my birds go into a molt and they don't look like they are scraggly or missing feathers but the completely stop laying. I would just give it some time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by