Help, my chickens have stopped laying!

jdhalliii

Hatching
9 Years
Apr 4, 2010
I have 6 white leghorns who were laying great for the first two months I got them, but have completely stopped for almost a month now. I know there not but a year old. Is there anything I can do to get them to start laying again?

What are you feeding?

Any changes in their life?

Molting?

My 8 RIRs seem to be on strike lately. They are 1 1/2 years old, and production has drops from 7 to 2 eggs per day.

The only thing I can think of is that it has been pretty noisy around here lately. First, the neighbor's house was demolished and they were all huddled in the coop during that time. Then, a wooden fence was constructed and that scared them also. Then, to top it all off, 2 weekends ago, the Blue Angels were putting on an airshow. I live less than 1 mile from the airport they were using, and they practiced for 3 days before the 2 day airshow. And these guys were flying really low. While it was beautiful to watch, the noise was tremendous!! Even inside my house, it was really loud. And my poor girls were just traumatized!!

Things seem to be settling down now. Yesterday, I got 5 eggs, so I'm hoping they're over their fright.

Back
Top Bottom