Help! My ducks have all gone insane!

Something has definitely scared them. Just like people ducks respond to fear differently each time. Think of it this way, someone makes you feel uneasy, but you only see them every once in awhile so while scared you're not panicking. Then one day you see this person peaking in your window and you lose it completely panicking. When ducks see predators at night it's like seeing Jason with a Machete standing out the window. The predators want to eat the ducks and the ducks are 100% aware that they are the prey.
:goodpost:

Actually I have been having to separate my Muscovy females from each other because they are being catty. Matter of fact I looked out the window and saw my one Muscovy chasing one of my Buffs. You are probably right @Daphne_loves_mealworms its def molting here that’s probably got them going

Update: They are still being crazy but I've figured some things out. Made a big kerfluffle at 1 a.m. and again at 3 a.m. I have ascertained that one of them, Six of Six (name), a Swedish Blue, is the focal point. She had a bit of blood on her wing yesterday, and has new feathers coming in - I assume that a pin feather broke. While she has washed the blood off in the wading pool, the others are nipping at that area. She is on the offensive I think because she feels vulnerable, so it looks like she's the one initiating most of the fighting. While they are all acting aggressive and agitated, when I separate her and her bonded sister out, everyone calms down. I guess they will be sleeping in a dog crate tonight to see if that helps everyone be calm through the night.

Back
Top Bottom