Help my electricity went out

kempkalm

Chirping
May 29, 2015
I have four incubators set up a week apart next one due to hatch this weekend 42 eggs in each one. And now we are in the middle of a thunderstorm and the electricity went out and the temperature seems to be going down fairly quickly. It has gone down seven degrees so far. how low can the incubator temperature go and still be safe and for how long? These are chicken eggs by the way. Right now I have towels over the incubators to try to keep in some of the Heat. Question number 2 my 15 chicks that are in my bathroom under a heat lamp in a large tub also do not have their heat lamp. They are one week old. Right now my house is about 80 . There be good right?

Soo sorry to read this now,,,, :hugs I also have no recommendations, other than to see if you could get a generator. I'm sure that thought crossed your mind, if it was possible.
Is your power restored?? If so , how long were you without?? Did your incubators and chicks pull thru??
WISHING YOU BEST............................. :highfive:

IMG_1077.JPG

I have four incubators set up a week apart next one due to hatch this weekend 42 eggs in each one. And now we are in the middle of a thunderstorm and the electricity went out and the temperature seems to be going down fairly quickly. It has gone down seven degrees so far. how low can the incubator temperature go and still be safe and for how long? These are chicken eggs by the way. Right now I have towels over the incubators to try to keep in some of the Heat. Question number 2 my 15 chicks that are in my bathroom under a heat lamp in a large tub also do not have their heat lamp. They are one week old. Right now my house is about 80 . There be good right?
I think the chicks will be okay considering the ambient temperature.

Back
Top Bottom