Help my favorite hen is sick!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by bryan8, Jun 17, 2010.

1. bryan8

bryan8 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    New york
    I have a red-sex link hen named joey and shes a little over a year old.

2 days ago i was out in the yard. and i noticed joey sitting in the corner of the run. she was like sleeping, but had that transluent bottom eye lid over her eyes. I knew something was up, and at night she wouldnt roost in the coop. I seperated her, and she still is really tired/sleppy and has that whiteish bottom lid over her eye, and she opens them one and a while.

I gave her some water and a scrambled egg but shes still not right.

please help, i dont want to lose her.

~Bryan

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
  3. muell112

muell112 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Bangor, ME
    You could always take her to a vet also if she means a lot to you and you don't want to take a long time figuring out what's going on.

4. bryan8

bryan8 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    New york
    Quote:I raised from a chick and I handled her everyday so she Loves people and she even ride on my 4-wheeler with me. But she's a chicken... I would never be able to a convince My parents to bring her to a vet. I'll be sad if I loose her but I can't justife spends tons on money on a chicken.

Hopefully I don't sound cruel [​IMG]

5. muell112

muell112 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Bangor, ME
    Not at all. Some people consider chickens pets and would take them to a vet just like they would a dog or cat. I just suggested it because there's a lot of things that could be wrong with your chicken and you might lose her if you don't get her to a vet. If that's not an option I would do as the previous poster suggested and give the chicken community more information so someone can help you figure out what's going on. Realistically, you are not going to get an answer as quickly as you would from a vet. Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by