Help! My leghorns are suddenly starting to pick on one our Silkies.

KristiSinke

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2021
Hi I’m new here and have a question. Our leghorns (tan) are suddenly starting to pick on one our Silkie chickens. They never picked on her before (for a year) but now are constantly picking on her. They will even go up to her while they are free ranging and just start picking on her and It’s bad enough that they (her and her little buddy who they Don’t pick on) are spending the night outside the coop. I go out after the rest of them are perched for the night and push them inside the coop.
Is it spring hormones or what could be making them do this all of a sudden?? There has been no change in their living atmosphere at all. Appreciate any input at all. Thank you!

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
How much space do they have? How old are they?
Thanks for welcoming and getting back with me. The coop is 32 square foot and the run is probably about the same. We have 2 that are three years old and 4 (leghorns) that are a year and then the 2 Silkies that are about 3 years old. We introduced the leghorns gradually like we were supposed to last spring and they have gotten along so well until about 3 weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom