Help my new chook went over the fence!

itsjustmeuc

In the Brooder
Jul 2, 2021
Hi guys nor sure if this is the right area to post this.
I just got a couple of araucanas today to add to my flock. Somehow they ended up on my six foot fences! I clipped their wings but they must be good jumpers 🤷‍♀️
While trying to get them down they both went over the fence one to the back and one to the side. I got the one from the side back as it was a clear open yard but the one out back I can’t find anywhere and the garden is very full. I only got them today so they don’t know this is home. Is there any chance she will try find her sisters? I’ve had chooks here for years and none have gone over the fence though these are my first araucanas

You'll probably just have to wait. I have to hens that jump over my 2 meter fence, and they go back into the pen to roost. I don't know about your one though, if she doesn't know where home is...
Maybe just keep looking, how long till night falls? She might find her way back...

Is the garden behind the fence? She’ll either come back because her sisters are there or try and find her way back to where she feels safe (where you bought her). Keep looking.

Phew we got her!

Attachments

• 92C8F1F9-2528-40C5-873F-BC228FBB2F1B.jpeg
    92C8F1F9-2528-40C5-873F-BC228FBB2F1B.jpeg
    488.9 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom