Help! My quail has a large lump under her wing

Cyanbird

In the Brooder
Feb 26, 2020
I have an emergency question I'm hoping someone can answer about one of my Japanese quail. I just checked my coop and noticed one of my females wings was sticking up, I checked her and there's a lump underneath her wing. It's not red or yellow like I know some feather cysts can be. It's very firm. It doesn't seem to cause her any pain when I touch it and she's acting normally. She's eating and drinking just fine. I was quite alarmed as it wasn't there yesterday (well it might have been but her wing wasn't sticking out like today) Extremely worried. She's only young- around 4 months old. The lump is larger than what it looks in the photo, couldn't get a good pic as I was holding her with one hand and didn't want to stress her out too much. Any idea as to what it might be? Thank you.

Attachments

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DSC07618.jpg
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DSC07618.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 56
I would keep an eye on it to see if it grows larger. Cysts and tumors can be common in chickens, and some malignant ones can be related to a couple of viruses. Let us know how she is doing later. And welcome to BYC.

Back
Top Bottom