Help My rooster has no Comb will it still breed?

Thank you for your reply. I'm a bit confused. So you mean usually you have a separate coop for female and male chickens?

I could be wrong but I think what they’re trying to do is tell you how to do a proper introduction of a new chicken. It’s not that they usually have separate pens but that it is a new chicken (in your case male being introduced). Typically you want to do a “look but no touch” approach. In this case you’d put him in a smaller cage just for him inside the pen you already have (which houses the girls). This way the hens can smell/see him and get used to him and he can smell/see them and get used to them. After a while you’ll be able to let him out of the cage and see how they interact. It’s done with most animals when something new comes in. Best of luck.

I could be wrong but I think what they’re trying to do is tell you how to do a proper introduction of a new chicken. It’s not that they usually have separate pens but that it is a new chicken (in your case male being introduced). Typically you want to do a “look but no touch” approach. In this case you’d put him in a smaller cage just for him inside the pen you already have (which houses the girls). This way the hens can smell/see him and get used to him and he can smell/see them and get used to them. After a while you’ll be able to let him out of the cage and see how they interact. It’s done with most animals when something new comes in. Best of luck.
Thank you so much for all your help chicken lovers! May I ask again. Why doe smy rooster's crow still very short and not sounds a crow. It's like a screech?

A roosters comb and crow do not tell his fertility. He's a young bird who dies have a proper comb, it's just not a stereotypical single comb.

You want the bird to be quarantined before introducing him to any other birds

Back
Top Bottom