Help my rooster

DobieLover

Easily distracted by chickens
Premium Feather Member
Jul 23, 2018
NY Southern Tier
My Coop
My Coop
Ok great we will bring him in snd do so. However I’ve never done that before. What do I clean it with? Also the bobcat incident happened two weeks ago I forgot to mention that. This literally changed dramatically over night. My poor guy I just want him to be ok.
Bring him inside, put him in the tub and put a cloth saturated with warm clean water on his injury for about 5 minutes to soften up debris. Rinse the cloth with fresh warm water then gently clean the wound. Take pictures. Spray it with chicken antiseptic spray or apply a coat of triple antibiotic ointment on it.
Set him up in a crate with food and water. If it's not too cold where you are and your coop is large enough, he can stay in the coop.
I suggest you start a new thread in the Managing Your Flock forum do determine the route cause of the pullets pecking at your cockerel.
Include pictures and dimensions of the coop and the run, what exactly you are feeding the flock and how many birds you have total.
Updating your profile to include your general location will be most helpful. This is how you do that:
profile change 1.jpg

profile change 2.jpg

Top Bottom