Help! My roosters spur

If you didn't already spend the money- I would highly suggest against going to the vet. This rooster attacked you- then took damage to his body in the process. We love our chickens, but this is still an animal and he now likely views you as a serious threat because you hurt him (despite him attacking you). That will likely lead to a lot more attacks. You can ask others on here- but I have never heard of a rooster that attacks just magically stopping. Save your money on the vet and try to heal it yourself, if he doesn't make it maybe that is a sign. If he does... also a sign. But this also sounds like a superficial wound (despite the bleeding, which you stopped), so I would expect him to pull through fine.

If you didn't already spend the money- I would highly suggest against going to the vet. This rooster attacked you- then took damage to his body in the process. We love our chickens, but this is still an animal and he now likely views you as a serious threat because you hurt him (despite him attacking you). That will likely lead to a lot more attacks. You can ask others on here- but I have never heard of a rooster that attacks just magically stopping. Save your money on the vet and try to heal it yourself, if he doesn't make it maybe that is a sign. If he does... also a sign. But this also sounds like a superficial wound (despite the bleeding, which you stopped), so I would expect him to pull through fine.
He attacked be because I grabbed one of his girls.ive been holding him since he was born and we have normal cuddle time but we just put him back with his girls a week ago (after being in rooster jail because he was tearing are girls backs up)he doesn't seem scared of me but I hope tomorrow I can say the same thing

He attacked be because I grabbed one of his girls.ive been holding him since he was born and we have normal cuddle time but we just put him back with his girls a week ago (after being in rooster jail because he was tearing are girls backs up)he doesn't seem scared of me but I hope tomorrow I can say the same thing

Well I am sure hoping for the best for you, no question!

My rooster attacked me and his spur was loose and bleeding. I panicked and did the wrong thing. I twisted off his spur and now it's bleeding like crazy. The quick is gone it broke off with the outer shell. I put blukote on it and wrapped it with a paper towel and Ducktape (that's all we had)he is now limping and I don't know what else to do. Can someone help me?
Had a rooster that broke his own spur off. We used vetrycin, quik stop to stop the bleeding, and medical tape with gauze underneath. For future reference you might want to invest in some quik stop for future injuries. In our house it is a must have for injuries and bumble surgeries.

Back
Top Bottom