Help! Mystery Chickens

LoneCowboy

Songster
12 Years
Aug 26, 2007
Longmont, CO
Hi,

I'm new here, and was so happy to see a topic that was just what I needed.

We are new to chickens. We got 14, 7 week old chickens today. We know that 5 are Red Stars, 4 are Sliver Lace's and then we have 2 mystery breeds. I've posted pictures below for your help. Please help me find out what breed these are.

TIA

mysterychicken1.jpg

MYSTERYCHICKEN2.jpg

I think the ones in the 1st pic are easter egger because of the green legs, but not sure. I have non ideas about the last one. they are all very cute
smile.png
glad you found us and you will love your babies

I did some research, and I'm thinking now that the second one is a Black Star Sex-Link. I'm feeling kinda bad, because the guy had promised those to somebody else. I picked up one that was different from the rest, Had lots of mohagany color thinking I'd be safe. Because he couldn't tell the difference between the blk Australorps and the Black Stars. Oops.

I think you might be right on the Araucana's. I'm real excited now.

Anybody else care to wager a guess? I'm still not positive on these little girls.
hmm.png

First ones are EE's and the second one looks kind of like a black star but seems to have ALOT of gold in it for one. It is possible though since it is so young. My black stars at that age were almost all black. Then when their adult feathers came in they got their gold.

I agree with the first pic being Easter Eggers, but I'm not sure about the second one.

The neck area is colored like a lot of Black Star Sex Links, but the gold laced feathers on the chest & body don't fit the sex link. It may be a poorly colored Golden Laced something, or a mixed breed. Anyway, it will lay eggs for you that will be yummy!!

Jean

Looks like EE's in first photo and a black sex link to me. I had one that was mostly gold in the head,neck and chest/back with the rest being all black. She was my daughter favorite chicken she called her goldie.

That black chick is VERY similar to a couple of chicks that I have at my house right now. They are the children from my RIR and Black Sex Link hen. What is so interesting to me is the leg color! It's just like both of mine! Also, my pullet who is around 10 weeks old still doesn't have any tail feathers, which is just like yours!!

Back
Top Bottom