Help! Mystery Chicks!

RuleysFarm

In the Brooder
Mar 11, 2016
Botetourt County, Virginia
I recently got a few chicks from TSC, apperently there was a mix up at the hatchery. TSC had no idea what breed they are & the hatchery had no records of the chicks. They sold them as "Mystery Chicks" they all are solid black, black skin, black legs, clean legged, & have an extra toe on each foot. Any help would be awsome!

What are you trying to post from? If you are using the mobile app I think there is a problem with posting pictures. I can't.

I recently got a few chicks from TSC, apperently there was a mix up at the hatchery. TSC had no idea what breed they are & the hatchery had no records of the chicks. They sold them as "Mystery Chicks" they all are solid black, black skin, black legs, clean legged, & have an extra toe on each foot. Any help would be awsome!

Are they bantams? If they are black skinned with 5 toes then sounds like Silkies to me.

Posts keep dropping off this thread.. What's going on!

It certainly sounds like they are silkies that lack leg feathers. What are their combs like? My silkies are large fowl but I think in America they are almost all bantam size.

I think they are but I'm not 100% sure

Silkie babies
Posts keep dropping off this thread.. What's going on!

It certainly sounds like they are silkies that lack leg feathers. What are their combs like? My silkies are large fowl but I think in America they are almost all bantam size.
Yes, RuleysFarm, you are correct. They are all bantam size here.

Back
Top Bottom