Help naming.. (sorry a little long..)

havi

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si
11 Years
Mar 23, 2008
Waco, Texas
Background: I have 6 five week old chicks. Two RIR's, 2 BO's, and 2 EE's. Im still trying to put names with these chicks. I have one RIR that is Rose(from my fav S.King book)

Last week I was watching Fried Green Tomatoes and everytime they yelled out "Towonda" my littlest RIR would get up and run around. I thought it would be kinda cute to name her that, but it doesnt sound right when I call it out.. Then I started thinking of names for my other chicks and was trying to think of movies, actors, and whatnot that I like. My favorite movie as a child was Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Which reminded me of my smallest RIR. She acts just like Veruca!! Its always her, her, her. Whenever I open the brooder, shes always the first there and wants to know whats going on. Plus she seems to be the alpha chick.

So I'm wanting to know..which do you think is better? Veruca or Towonda?

I'm more familiar with Towanda, so I vote Towanda. My chickens are beginning to get aliases like my cats! LOL! My mixed hen, Brandy, is super tame and sweet to me and people, but she is green with jealousy toward the other hens. She recently attacked my tiny Serama bantam hen and the vet bill was shockingly expensive which is causing me to spend more money for a separate coop and pen for my bantams. If I had foreseen this behavioral problem, I would have named Brandy, Cruella DeVille!
lau.gif
Since I didn't foresee it, I have tacked: aka Cruella DeVille to her name. Point being, you could name your RIR Towanda aka Veruca.

Im still looking for names on my other chicks. I want something really pretty for one of my BO's. Plus I need a strong name for my other BO. She has a deformed wing. But she doesnt let the others pick on her. She holds her own!
clap.gif

Hello, I have 11 little girls ( pullets) LOL. I named then Holly, Molly, Polly, Cally and Sally they are Red Sex Links. My Ameraucanas are named Faith, Hope, Charity, Lovey, Joy and Desiree. If you like any of these names use them with pleasure. By the way I like Towanda. I love the movie Fried Green Tomatoes.
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
:weee:ya

I vote Towanda, I love it! But then what do I know, My chicks have crazy names and my husband laughs at them. Since we live in redneck country I had to have some redneck names. My buffs are Tallula, Vidalla, Dixie and Dolly (she has big blonde top feathers) and my Americaunas and Sweetie, Lucy (she has screaming red head feathers) Ethel (Lucy's buddy and lots of blonde on her) Penny and Cinnamon. How bout that for a crazy mix?

Quote:
Lol, well my name is Holly so I dont want anything that sounds kinda like mine.
lol.png
My two EE's are kinda standoffish. If thats even a word. Hehe. I thought about Lola, but not sure which one to name that. I thought about one of the EE's b/c she has yellow feathers on and near her head. Only thing is..she doesnt really look like a showgirl.
bun.gif
I change my mind sooo many times!

Quote:
You're the third person to tell me that. Maybe that should be her name! It would be a cute story, well at least to tell everyone.

Back
Top Bottom