Help! Need a quick fix

Beaker99

hillbilly extraordinaire
Mar 31, 2022
Missouri Ozarks
I have an A Frame (I know, I know, don't come at me) bare floor coop. Works great in summer. However, we had plans to put a floor in and add bedding for winter. A nasty forecast decided for us that it should be built this week. Husband came down with the flu and didn't get it done.
I need a quick temporary fix. My concern is inside getting wet. Rain followed by colder temps (20 at night). I have a picnic tent I can put up. I have some leaves and pine shavings I can put inside.
Thoughts?

All I have at the moment. I'm at work.
IMG_20220528_172531488~3.jpg

I have an A Frame (I know, I know, don't come at me) bare floor coop. Works great in summer. However, we had plans to put a floor in and add bedding for winter. A nasty forecast decided for us that it should be built this week. Husband came down with the flu and didn't get it done.
I need a quick temporary fix. My concern is inside getting wet. Rain followed by colder temps (20 at night). I have a picnic tent I can put up. I have some leaves and pine shavings I can put inside.
Thoughts?
I might think to attach some sort of floor to that (plywood, an old table top, folding table, kiddie pool, picnic table...anything with a large enough flat surface) and then set it up on some cinder blocks to help in keeping the floor dry. Then you could wrap your picnic tent around it in such a way that you can use the weight of your coop to tuck the tent under to hold down the edges leaving a small triangular opening in the corner of one of the open sides. Then add an off-the-floor perch lengthwise to the side opposite of the open triangle to keep the direct draft off your birds while they roost. In a quick pinch, I think that's the best I could do.

Back
Top Bottom