1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP need to know Cockrels or Pullets???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mljohnson05, May 26, 2011.

1. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    Ok, so these are the last 2 I rely kneed to know sex....I PRAY Pullets. Both are 4 1/2 weeks old and feathered feet [​IMG]

CHICK #1 (4 pics of her/him)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

CHICK # 2 ( 3 pics of Her/him) Not sure if you can tell the true color in pic, but comb on head is bright yellow...and this chicks Feathers that are growing in are sooooooo soft..i love it [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks in Advance [​IMG]

2. CowgirlPenny

CowgirlPenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    South East TN
    d'Uccles?

Both girls!!

See pics I just posted, and you can see the difference in the ones I have in question, and yours. Yours are nice and pale pink and yellow. Low and barely noticeable. [​IMG]

3. Tat2d

Tat2d Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2011
    Conroe Texas
    Look like pullets to me, but my experience level is pretty much nil. And great job with the pics, it makes it so much easier when the photos are detailed like that.

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  4. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    1 is a porcelain d'uccle and i'd guess that 2 is a red cochin.

5. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    Yes I knew that 1 is a porcelain d'uccle and that 2 is a red cochin.....thank you all for the sex guess...i was thinking Pullet on both, so that helps re assure me [​IMG]
    My other 2 chicks (that are not posted) were easy to tell that one was pullet and other was Roo.
    Here is a pic of all 4 playing outside...I love them all so much...(this pic was when they were a bit younger)
    And thank you about pic comment...I really tried to get the best views to help everyone out [​IMG]

In this pic the old english game is my Roo...his comb is bright red now and starting to get his wattles in
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by