Help! Need to take Incubator home from school

KinderKar

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 3, 2008
Hi all I have a big problem. I need to take my incubator that has 24 eggs in it home for the weekend. There is nobody who can let me in to check them over the weekend. To make matters worse Late today /early tomorrow is supposed to be the 18th day. I would normally leave it for the weekend but I am afraid they will hatch when I am not here and be in the incubator longer than they should or they may run into trouble trying to get out. Can anybody give me some advice??? Thanks a bunch.

Do you have one of those cords that plugs into your car so that you can plug it in? How far are you from work? Maybe you could just wrap the incubator up in a blanket and take it home quickly......

All I can say is head straight home and don't hit any pot holes!

I would be tempted to maybe put in either a hand warmer or even a jar of hot water to keep the temp up. Stabilize it asap when you get home.

Best of luck, just use your instincts and it will be fine.
jumpy.gif

I would take them out of the turner, if there is one.. lay them on the bottom of the floor of the bator make the humidity about 60 to 65% and go home.. they do not need you anymore.. Monday if they hatch during the weekend, they will be waiting for you to put them into a brooder..

Quote:
I agree, hatched chicks have absorbed yolk and feed off that for 3 days if no other food available. That's what makes shipping day old chicks possible. No need to move the incubator just put beaks in water so they drink, know where to drink, come Monday morning.

Back
Top Bottom