help needed please

jojo254

Hatching
7 Years
May 19, 2012
hi my name is jo i am new to this forum and new to owning turkeys so any help would be grate i got my 4 day old turkeys yesterday what is best to feed them as the man i got them from told me i have to get turkey food as thay can not have chick crum what do i do and were can get turkey food i have had chickens for just over 2 year and i did not now it would be much diffarant keeping turkeys so please any help would be grate thank you

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
frow.gif

I know that turkeys grow much faster than chicks, and need a more concentrated feed nutritionally. There are turkey starters available. Maybe someone more familiar with turkeys can help you out more than that. Good luck.

hi my name is jo i am new to this forum and new to owning turkeys so any help would be grate i got my 4 day old turkeys yesterday what is best to feed them as the man i got them from told me i have to get turkey food as thay can not have chick crum what do i do and were can get turkey food i have had chickens for just over 2 year and i did not now it would be much different keeping turkeys so please any help would be grate thank you

Welcome and yes you need Game bird starter or Turkey starter with a protein amount of 26 to 30%.
The young poults need it because they grow so much faster till 7 to 8 weeks of age then start mixing Game bird starter or turkey starter with turkey grower feed or chicken laying pellets about a 16 to 18% protein for the next 2 to 3 weeks till there off of the starter this is what I am doing with my Bourbon Reds and is what I have been finding here and doing web searches.
There is a lot of talk about using medicated feed or not its up to you I do not.

Good Luck as a new Turkey Grower I know everyday is a learning experience and a adventure LOL.

thank you for all your help its good to now that there is someone out the to talk to about the turkeys

Back
Top Bottom