Help needed quick !

cjschickens

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 23, 2012
I put my eggs in a still air Little Giant incubator for lock down, and then I placed my digital thermometer/hydrometer combo on the wire mat with the eggs. It read 100 deg. with 62 % humidity. I also have the paper thermometer that came with the incubator in there and it reads 80 deg. Which thermometer do I believe. I don't want my chicks to die !!!! Thanks !

oh thats hard, you cant really believe one over the other! I wouldnt touch anything if they are at 100 they are going to do great if they are at 80 they will be slow, Its really to late in the game for 80 to kill them now just delay them. Have you candled them? if they were viable at the time of lock down they will be okay even if they are at 80, which they probably are not they are probably somewhere between 80 and 100. I wouldnt touch a thing.

Good Luck.

If it was 80 you would probably notice if you stick your hand in there. I can tell if mine incubator is too cold usually this way. There is a big difference between 80 and 100 so I think you should be able to tell which is right.

I stuck another analog thermo in and its reading 99.5. So I am assuming that the other thermo is wacky. It felt warm enough when I slipped my hand in. Not suppose to disturb lock down I know but I was worried ! Thanks for all the help !!

You definitely did what I would've done.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you have a great hatch.

Back
Top Bottom