Help Needed With Hatching Chick

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LuvinChickens, May 30, 2012.

1. LuvinChickens

LuvinChickens Songster

Feb 28, 2012
    Northern, CA
    O.K. guys! I need help. I am hatching 12 eggs. Three have already hatched but the third is still attached to the shell. What do I do? Do I cut the "thing" connecting them, or do I just let the chick do it by itself? I also think I have a shrink-wrapped egg. I put a sponge in. Two others are pipped, but I think they might be shrink-wrapped too. Humidity is at 64%. I,m SO worried! Please help. This is my first hatch and I don't know what to do.

2. CayleeMarie03

CayleeMarie03 Songster

May 12, 2012
    The chick that is attached to the egg just let it be for now. It is still attached to its life support in the egg. Can you raise the humidity. If so try to get it between 70%-80%. Put a wet sponge in you bator or a bowl of water. Hope all goes well.

3. LuvinChickens

LuvinChickens Songster

Feb 28, 2012
    Northern, CA
    I have a sponge and a small container of water. Maybe the water's not warm enough yet. The EE that I think is shrink-wrapped is starting to push on the shell a little.
    The chick is dragging the shell around. Oh! the EE just hatched! Thank you for your help!

4. CayleeMarie03

CayleeMarie03 Songster

May 12, 2012
    Your Welcome! Hope you get the best of results!!

5. LuvinChickens

LuvinChickens Songster

Feb 28, 2012
    Northern, CA
    The stuck chick is out and now in a brooder with his 3... now 4 friends. I have 7 left to hatch. let's see how that goes.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: