HELP!!! New at this!!! 1st Time Hatching & Here They Come!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by funfeatheredfeet, Jun 25, 2010.

1. funfeatheredfeet

funfeatheredfeet Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2010
    The Beautiful Ozarks
    I am soooo egg-cited!!!!!!! I have a new baby chick!!! It pipped & hatched all in 22 min.!!!! I have 8 more that have pipped in the since 8:30 and I am sooo shakey, excited!!!! I will not get any sleep tonight!! I know I have to let them dry in the incubator, I have a brooder all ready for chicks but what do I do next??? Do I remove the chicks one by one as they dry...thought I wasn't to open the bator?? Oh, please, someone help me....I'm like a nervous, happy mama all the sudden!! So, HELLLLPPPPP!!!! Please, the first chick is a blonde just like me!!!!! hhahahaa I have a brooder all ready for them....8 more have pipped, so, please, I need some tips!! That first one is sooooo tiny and looks sooooooo fragile!!!!!! I'm not sure what to do when, the first chick is drying, gettin golden & shiney (BO), it keeps trying to walk and is all over the bator....it has rolled some eggs???!!!!??? Do I just not worry about the eggs being moved or what do I do, it is in the opposite corner from where it hatched....it is close to walking. (It's making me nervous cause it is all over the other eggs!) Oh my!
    Forever grateful for any help!!! Rhonda

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  2. lil'turkeymama

lil'turkeymama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    Alabama
    Relax....Enjoy.....Wait.....Congrats!!!!Let'em dry in the incubator.Don't hurry it.[​IMG]:weee

3. funfeatheredfeet

funfeatheredfeet Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2010
    The Beautiful Ozarks
    Oh, THANKS for coming to my rescue. I am trying to relax but can I ask....That newly hatched chick is waddling all over the place...eggs are pipping & it is moving eggs as it moves around....does that hurt the eggs that are pipping??? Aren't those eggs pipping, trying to hatch & at a certain angle & the new chick rolls em around....will that mess up the zipping of the egg that is trying to hatch...(sigh...)
    I do need to relax. (and, I will as long as someone can answer this for me).
    Thanks for your help.

4. stampntam

stampntam Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Spring Grove, PA
    congrats!! I am thinking of trying to hatch, not sure yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by