HELP New baby chick in egg hatched

HerculesChicken

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 11, 2014
Hey Everyone!!

We are new to chicken hatching. Here is the story!! We have a black silkie who decided to sit on her eggs so we let her. Well we have ONE egg (out of seven) hatch. The baby is out. We have pics to show. Now the box she is in with her eggs is up high. When should we move her?? Should we keep her in the coop with all the other chickens but on the ground? Or make a seperate area for them??

HELP!! I dont want anything to happen to the new baby... yet also to keep her sitting on the eggs that SHOULD be hatching soon we hope.

Yes she is with the mother under her.... but they are two feet up in a box. I would like to keep her with the mother rather then be alone. So do we move the mother and baby to ground in the coop with all the other chickens? or to a brooder completely separate?

Ok... we moved her down below. EGGS AND BABY. She continued to sit and push them all under her so we are guessing we are good so far. Doing lots of praying. Now I just hope no one kills the babies in the coop.

OH and we saw another egg with a small breakthrough! YAY Another green one. I am guessing that they are MOM (black silkie) and Daddy (Black Silkie Roo) eggs. Not sure if the black silkie will cross with the Polish chicken hens and americaunus as those are also some eggs she has under her.

OH NO... I went out and found mom abandoned the eggs... baby was out in the middle of the coop... :( UGH! I wish she had never sat on the eggs up so high. So we moved eggs back under her up high. she still has ones to hatch (one that is piping) and baby is in the house under a heat lamp.

HELP!

Baby did well over night under lamp. Peeping all night. Mom stayed on eggs over night and next baby is peeping like crazy underneath. Possibly still in egg. Phew!

Back
Top Bottom