1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

HELP!!!!! new chooks getting attacked!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Clucky, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Clucky

Clucky In the Brooder

Dec 8, 2007
    New Zealand (the best)
    me again, i have 3 new chickens and i put them with my 6 other darlings but theve had their pecking order but still are getting attacked and as a result they refuse not to go into the nighting roosting area so they sleep outsde and with the frosts in the mornings the will get a flu ETC this gets me feelling sick so i get up at 1:00 am in the cold morning (in my pjs) and through them inside. that was 3 weeks ago!!!!!!! but now tonight i went out there to find 2 of them has lernt good on them! but 1 dopy chooks still refuses to go to bed with the others for some stupid reason and its starting to p me off!!!!! could anyone anyone at all help me like give me some tips or things to try that would help? thanks regards Clucky P.S sorry for langauge

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  2. dacasodivine

dacasodivine Songster

Feb 19, 2008
    First off, how old are the chicks and how old are the others? It sounds to me like the chicks need to be in a seperate area until they are a bit older.

3. Have you thought about roosting them inside a cardboard box with an opening large enough for them but not the bullies? I'm also wondering if they are too young to be with the others...if they're a lot smaller they may need protection for a while yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: