HELP!!!!! new chooks getting attacked!

Clucky

Chirping
12 Years
Dec 8, 2007
New Zealand (the best)
me again, i have 3 new chickens and i put them with my 6 other darlings but theve had their pecking order but still are getting attacked and as a result they refuse not to go into the nighting roosting area so they sleep outsde and with the frosts in the mornings the will get a flu ETC this gets me feelling sick so i get up at 1:00 am in the cold morning (in my pjs) and through them inside. that was 3 weeks ago!!!!!!! but now tonight i went out there to find 2 of them has lernt good on them! but 1 dopy chooks still refuses to go to bed with the others for some stupid reason and its starting to p me off!!!!! could anyone anyone at all help me like give me some tips or things to try that would help? thanks regards Clucky P.S sorry for langauge

Last edited:
First off, how old are the chicks and how old are the others? It sounds to me like the chicks need to be in a seperate area until they are a bit older.

Have you thought about roosting them inside a cardboard box with an opening large enough for them but not the bullies? I'm also wondering if they are too young to be with the others...if they're a lot smaller they may need protection for a while yet.

Back
Top Bottom