Help! New order of 30 OEG Bantams! Need some help

christina_ski

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 26, 2009
Monett, MO
I have a few older OEG bantys I got as chicks from TSC. My SDW hen, has always had the grey colored wings

I just got an order of Barred, Wheaton, Silver Duckwing, Red Pyle, and Brown Red.

At what age will I be able to start telling the rooster from the hens based on feathering or comb? All of them look alike in their varieties, I wanted atleast one rooster in the bunch from the SDW, Pyle or Wheaton. Does anyone have pics of chicks when they started to look their sex?

Thanks!

You will probably be able to tell when they are about 3 or four weeks old.
welcome-byc.gif

We Need Pictures

Ok, I will go take some pics now. I just know when I had my others, I could pretty much tell from the day I got them who was a rooster and who was a hen. I just didn't get the breeds right lol. Now I ordered ones I know the breed but not the sex lol

Yep, thats my Mille Fluer roo. Uploading pics now

58435Chicks_March_4th.JPG

Of course they all rushed to the corner when they saw the camera, Instead of the cute little chick things they were doing earlier. Like racing and doing hurdles over the feeders lol

Last edited:
At about 3 weeks it should be fairly easy to tell genders from the size and color of the combs on an OEGB.....roos will possibly even have the start of small wattles coming in.

Back
Top Bottom