Help! New to Marans....

Mishnmorg

In the Brooder
May 8, 2021
We were supposed to get two BCMarrans ... the two grew similar size until one developed a comb and waddles very early. Also, stands a little more upright than other. I have an opportunity to re-home now if in fact he is a “ he”. I have only heard pathetic sounds occasionally ( this morning at 5 ) but do not sound like a crow. I can’t help but wonder if it is possible they gave me two different breeds at the feed store. ? Or, is it wishful thinking !? Our buff is in the pic and has similar comb and waddles ....so I am not sure that I should assume a male? His “ sister” is darker and shows very little dark comb. “ He/She” is on the right side and is 2 1/2 months old.
- would SO appreciate any help from those familiar with Marans as they are new to us!

Attachments

• DDB99CD5-DAE6-4884-8AA2-B693B7FD7A95.jpeg
    DDB99CD5-DAE6-4884-8AA2-B693B7FD7A95.jpeg
    706.2 KB · Views: 16
  • D8818A97-60C1-43DA-A38D-646B4F0C667B.jpeg
    D8818A97-60C1-43DA-A38D-646B4F0C667B.jpeg
    451.4 KB · Views: 14
Both chicks pictured are cockerels.
Actually no 😊 Eloise is our 10 year old buff Orpington and a wonderful layer! She’s been our best , thus far. This is why I was questioning if the 10 week could possibly be female as the comb and waddles match that of our Eloise ! So confusing ....and some wishful thinking 😣🤞🏼
hoping for answers regarding the BCMarans on right side which is not quite 3 mos.

Actually no 😊 Eloise is our 10 year old buff Orpington and a wonderful layer! She’s been our best , thus far. This is why I was questioning if the 10 week could possibly be female as the comb and waddles match that of our Eloise ! So confusing ....and some wishful thinking 😣🤞🏼
hoping for answers regarding the BCMarans on right side which is not quite 3 mos.
10 years old!? Wow! That is very impressive! The bird on the right is a cockerel however

Back
Top Bottom