Help! Not sure what is wrong with my girl

Vanessa77

Hatching
Jun 19, 2017
My 10 week old barred rock has been walking funny for the past little while. Seems off balance. Eating and drinking normally. But walks short distances then sits for most of the time. Looks like poop is starting to collect on her butt feathers as well. Her breathing seems laboured compared to her sibling. I was about to introduce her and her sibling to my existing flock but afraid to do so if she is sick.

With her balance and walking problems, I would try to determine if one of her legs are seeming numb or paralyzed. Vitamin deficiency, injuries, and Mareks disease can be possible problems. Hopefully it is not Mareks, sinc other problems can look like Mareks. It is good to quarantine new additions for at least 30 days to rule out any signs of illness, to treat for worms and lice or mites if present. They can come will problems or get something from the other birds. Many respiratory diseases can show up within 3-5 days from exposure, but heart problems or fungal diseases from mold can cause labored breathing.

You might want to get her butt cleaned up too.
Poopy butt could mean she has cocci too.

I have seperated her from the rest, I've started her in vitamins today so we will see if that helps. Can I treat for worms if I am uncertain if she even has worms?

Opps.
I posted the wrong thing here.
I edited it:

Having a vet test her poop is the only way you will know if you are dealing with worms.

Cocci is not worms.

Back
Top Bottom