Help Not sure whats wrong with chick

littlegip

Songster
10 Years
Jun 7, 2009
Romulus Michigan
she has been like this for about a week or 2 now ,she is 12 weeks ,she just stands ,won't roost on perch or hardly eats anything ,got her to eat some boiled eggs yesterday ..poop is runny saw that last night ..all other chickens in coop are fine ,she is just the sweetest and it's so sad ,don't no how to help her.her are some pics of how she stands .
33631_008.jpg
g]

Separate her from the other chickens in case she is contageous. She looks too weak to try deworming her. Make sure she had water and food and try to give her a little plain yogurt with active cultures. I mix my yogurt with a crushed sweetened breakfast cereal (not a fiber rich cereal) to make it more appealing. Best of luck.

Hard boiled egg is good too.
How is her crop? Hard? Soft? Empty?
Have you checked for mites?
What have you been feeding her( her normal feed)?
In the meantime, get electrolytes and vitamins in her water. Make sure she stays hydrated.
Is she laying for you yet?
Have you gotten consistent eggs (everyday)?
I will see if I can get another BYCer on here to post too!
I learned a lot from dlhunicorn!

i'm so new at this , i don't know how to find her crop i keep feeling but not sure what i'm feeling for ,i looked didn't see mite , she has been eating her normal feed .she does not lay eggs yet .how do i get the electrolytes and vitamins in her water????? i know i'm a real newbee...lol...i'll try the eggs ,omg thanks so much for trying to help me .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom